Translate

Saturday 30 November 2013

The Moment of Truth (Part 1)

Does true love really exist?

This question wandered my mind since the time I entered adolescence. If it does exist, what is true love. I have had beautiful memories since my school days. I grew up watching people walking hand in hand, laughing together, sharing cool drinks, talking over phone for long hours and so many other trivial things but each of them had a lasting image on me.

Does doing these things mean people are in true love?

I befriended a girl in my class when I was in 8th grade. When I told my dad that I liked her, he laughed saying it was just attraction. I still argued it to be true love. Days passed, we spent more and more time together. I was one of the most notorious kids in the class. Whenever teachers punished me for my nasty acts, she used to cry.

After one of our tests, teacher asked me to collect the answer sheets from students and hand it over to her. I did as told and started walking towards her cabin. Curiosity took over and on the way I searched for her answer sheet and started looking into it. I corrected a small error which she had made.

After two weeks, the corrected answer sheets were supposed to be distributed in the class room. We had six subjects and six of us stood up to distribute. My friend went first and took math papers. I had stood up only to distribute them but was disappointed at not being able to do that.

I had to somehow take it from him or else all my heroics would go in vain. I asked him for them and as expected he didn’t give it to me. I demanded for the papers and offered some money. He wouldn’t budge. Finally, I had to trade my lucky pen with him for those papers.

The most awaited moment came. I started distributing the papers. I gave her and waited for a minute longer for her to respond. She was surprised and threw a questioning glance at me. I smiled :-) . I just love these memories.  

These incidents over time made each other very special to one another. Now, I told my dad that I was in love with her. He would ask me what is love. I told him these trivial events and tried convincing him, he would say it's just infatuation. I knew there was no point arguing with him and so shut myself.

We were two innocent kids enjoying each others company and not worried about what the world thought of us. Every moment was special with her.

And when I was in my final grade, I was told she would be leaving town. I just didn't know how to react. I met her and was confused if I had attraction/ infatuation/ love towards her. She was crying (Of course tears roll down at their will) and I really tried but not one drop fell from my eyes.

I told I would really miss her. She had no words to describe her plight. I had rather a longer walk than usual to my home without her company. I was upset. I told dad about the whole incident. He said something which didn't make much sense then but makes a lot of sense today.

"Its always good to end few things on a high note. Man proposes but God disposes. Both of you liked each other but had to depart at his will. It was a pure relationship, be proud of it. Cherish these memories forever. Maybe, the next time and every time you end your relationship henceforth won't be as sweet as this".

Well, he was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment